OEL Projects recognizes the importance of developing and maintaining meaningful and strong relationships with Indigenous communities. At OEL we believe Indigenous communities are important stakeholders and look to involve Indigenous communities in mutually beneficial business relationships. One of our primary goals is to maximize the amount of local and indigenous community participation in all the projects managed by us on behalf of our clients.
Indigenous Policy Guidelines
In a testament to our commitment to Indigenous Peoples in Canada, OEL has adopted the following guidelines:
- OEL recognizes Indigenous rights, including the Aboriginal and Treaty rights of First Nations, Métis and Inuit people, embedded in Canada’s Constitution and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP).
- OEL supports Indigenous communities in their path to sovereignty and economic inclusion, and shall positively contribute to reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples and communities.
- OEL respects and values traditional practices, decision-making processes, cultural activities and language of the Indigenous Peoples and communities.
- OEL wants to establish and maintain respectful and mutually beneficial relationships with Indigenous Peoples and communities.
OEL Indigenous Engagement
OEL through its business activities participates and contributes to local Indigenous communities where we work. The four strategic pillars of our focus are:
- Education-Providing training and education opportunities – Outreach programs at Schools to promote Post-Secondary education.
- Employment-Focusing on providing opportunities for employment for Indigenous Peoples – Summer Jobs and Co-Op programs.
- Volunteering and engagement-Enhancing OEL’s engagement strategies and community
- Business partnerships-Identify projects where in OEL can collaborate with Indigenous communities.
With the consultation and work efforts of Dean Janvier, we believe we are on the path towards defining strategies with the intention of supporting indigenous communities.
DEAN JANVIER – INDIGENOUS RELATIONS
Dean A.Janvier has over 20 years of professional executive level experience in both the public and private sector including First Nations and Canadian politics, Indigenous policy, business, corporate relations and communications….Learn More about Dean